Unknown

Ba-dum. Ba-dum. Ba-dum.

My heart was racing as Ms. Embuscado announced the most important name of my life, "Ma. Rosetti G. Villamor."

My graduation went the same as the others. The way I strolled confidently on the stage wasn't extraordinary. I was only able to shake hands with Br. Jun (LSU President) instead of Mar Roxas (senator and guest speaker). But you know what, today was one of those days when I don't stop smiling (trust me, I look good when I smile...and when I frown...and...oh, forget it, I always look good).

I got myself a diploma, a certificate and a very unique medal (the crest is the school logo instead of the usual circle thing) which I got for the Communications Award (Best in English doesn't matter anymore...I know I'm the best).

I can't believe I'm at a point where I can call myself a Not-High-School-Anymore-But-Not-Yet-College-Either. I guess you could say that I'm a (beautiful) caterpillar inside a cocoon that's just waiting to be a butterfly.

Wow. Looking back at my past (okay, maybe some of my past...I've got a VERY poor memory), I feel like all my aches and pains are finally over. I'm going to have a new life, man. Maybe I'll be given harder tests by Him. Oh well. Bring it on.

I'm gonna miss my high school life though...even if I did hate MOST of it. It was in high school that I learned the most important lesson in life: You're on your own. It was in these four years that I decided who I want to be. I'm not gonna sulk my life away...like some people (yes, I mean you, Reymart). Instead, I'm going to live my life to the fullest, do as much as I can, and die smiling. I'm also gonna miss my friends. I may not have a BFF (sigh...I didn't have a boyfriend or anything close to that either...), but there are so many people I wish I could never forget (I think I'm going to have Alzheimer's when I grow old), so many classmates that influenced who I am, good and bad.

But, I have to move on. Everybody has to. Don't worry though, I'll come back. I'll keep in touch. I always do.

Anyway, Papa has this nasty illness right now. He's got a nasty pimple INSIDE his nostril and (being his usual stubborn self) he burst it way too early. It got infected and now half of his face is puffier. Shiver. Nasty. But I'm not gonna let Papa's mood (he keeps complaining and acts like he's got a deadly sickness) put me down. This is my day, baby. The day I'm going to start to aim for the best (I've always been too lazy to do so in high school).

Congratulations, Setti.




Graduation Song - Vitamin C
0 Responses

Post a Comment