Unknown
Today, we Grade 10 students had our first Graduation practice. It was today that the teachers announced the honor students and the students to acquire awards...

I thought I was going to nail Best in English. I know I am the best in our batch when it came to anything English. The most recommended writer/speaker. My grammar is ALMOST flawless (I did not say I was perfect). I got the Communications Award instead.

And who got the Best in English? None other than the amateur, Joni Leigh Dongallo (not sure of the surname spelling). She has been competing against me ever since third year (I keep winning though). Sigh. There are only two reasons I could think of why this is so:

One. I am lazy.

Two. Joni belongs to the first section and teachers tend give more awards to them since the standards in the first section is different from the heterosection.

Oh well. Better than nothing, I suppose. Can't believe Jessan got the Debater's Award. He does keep debating on his backwards opinion (don't worry, Jessan and I treat each other like this all the time).

Another false hope. Ms. Bunny distributed the literary folio. She assured me that my stories would be put there...When I looked at it, the only work under my name was the foreword. Double sigh. So much of my dream of leaving a legacy behind La Salle University.

Note to self: Stop expecting the unexpected. Or better yet, don't expect anything at all.
0 Responses

Post a Comment